Thank you for your interest in telemedicine! We at Cinco West Pediatrics are providing telemedicine in an attempt to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus while still providing care to our patients. We were not planning to offer telemedicine as a form of care to our patients, as it has its limitations; for example, it limits the ability to perform physical examinations. However, the current healthcare crisis has caused us to revisit the idea of telemedicine as a valid form of healthcare delivery in pediatrics during restrictive times.
- Call the office to make an appointment for telemedicine just as you would for a “regular” in-person visit. Telemedicine sessions will be conducted through Healow TeleVisit.
- Please review the Telemedicine Informed Consent form. Providing verbal consent is sufficient during the coronavirus pandemic. We will be sure to document your consent.
- Texas medical laws allow us to bill telemedicine sessions the same as in-person visits during the current coronavirus pandemic. Please confirm this with your health insurance company when possible.
- You will be sent an email with a link for the session before your appointment date and time. Please make sure your computer has a working camera, microphone, and good internet connection. If you would like to use the Healow app to connect to your visit, download it from the App Store or from Google Play. Please familiarize yourself with how the link or Healow app works before the appointment and prepare for the session ten minutes before your appointment time.
- Please be patient with us as we familiarize ourselves with this new technology. As you might already know, technology can be wonderful when it works well, but it can be very frustrating when it doesn’t. You may experience a lag or a lack of video or sound during your appointment time.
- Understand that sometimes, enough information cannot be obtained to make diagnosis or plan-of-care decisions during a telemedicine session. If so, the visit will be converted to an in-person visit when appropriate and possible.